Monday, August 22, 2011

Stockholm....

I've been meaning to post about Stockholm since we got back, but somehow the lazy day-to-day of the summer holidays has meant that I've spent a lot of time doing...not a lot. An ideal summer past-time I think. And given the boys still have two weeks left before school starts I feel there will be more lazy days ahead. So before I completely forget here's a few things I discovered while in Stockholm...
A fab new equestrian magazine The Horse Rider's Journal. Hop over here for a peek at some of the wonderful images by Ditte Isager.

Ravel gloves - possibly the most beautiful leather gloves ever.


Modern, simple and chic clothes and accessories from Hope.

These wonderful Helena Rohner 'Munio' bowls found at Illums Bolighus.


Monocle's Scent One - cedary and woody, and reminiscent of my Grandfather's art studio.

Part coffee shop, part office co-op, Coffice has really good coffee and a great vibe.


ABICI's Pantone window displays - there were similar ones with red and blue bikes too.

A couple of other 'finds' were Cajsa Warg, a yummy gourmet market/deli; Fotografiska museum of contemporary photography; Nytorget Urban Deli a great place for lunch or dinner; and if like us you have a couple of kids who are into all things money a trip to the Royal Coin Cabinet is highly recommended. Dating back to the 1500s this museum is huge with a really impressive collection of all things currency related, along with a great modern art exhibition space.
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods - thanks for stopping by.

Images from Malling, RavelIllums Bolighus, Hope, MonocleHay House, and me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through these lovely last few posts!
    So inspiring. I'm sure it's lovely to be home again, but wow, what a fantastic trip you've had. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that perfume sounds nice! I love cedar. L'Occitane has this really lovely Cedar EDP, but I'm not sure whether to buy it – I already have an absurd amount of perfumes!

    All is well here! The snow was brief but DEFINITELY memorable :)

    Re. that little cardboard box, I'm not sure when I'll next be in P'ram so you may have to get Dad to rendevous with Rob. I may have to remind Dad where the box is...

    ~Penny ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails