Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly what:nots...

Hello - how was your weekend? I do hope it was lovely. Our excursion to the snow was fun, albeit rather chilly. As for the past week - like so many New Zealanders seeing the devastation and loss in Christchurch has been incredibly hard and terribly distressing. But what I do know, is that despite the utterly devastating sadness and loss, New Zealand and Christchurch will endure and get through these dreadful times. Wishing you all a safe week ahead...
Black and white by Michael Donovan

Sparse and elegant shapes from Japanese label arts & science.

Ah, Mr Cummings how very true.


Geoffrey Johnson's wonderful paintings.

Simple separates from American Vintage.

Matisse's Armchair by Kim Pieters on show at Bowen Galleries.

And an enchanting book from Elisabeth Tova Bailey - I've yet to read this but by all accounts it is a 'miniature masterpiece'. 

3 comments:

  1. I've added your book selection to my list. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that quote. and that painting is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love that quote. I hope I am encouraging Noah to do just that.

    love,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails